Team Cafe Roubaix is an Alberta Bicycling Association affiliated cycling club, in addition to racing, our members like to ride in charity rides, sportives, and gran fondos. Or, they just like to ride with a group once in a while. In addition to regular CCA/UCI race licences, Team Cafe Roubaix members hold general non-racing ABA memberships, Junior & Masters ABA race licences, and Citizen ABA race licences. Team Cafe Roubaix has a membership that fits your riding! We aim to be an inclusive and relaxed group of riders, from beginners looking to ride with a group for the first time, to former champions looking to pass on some knowledge and passion. Hey it's a bike, relax and have fun, right?
To join Team Cafe Roubaix as a licensed rider, you need to first join the ABA as a general non-racing member at the least, or you can get any one of the ABA's race licences, indicating Team Cafe Roubaix as your club (scroll down the list of clubs until you find "Team Cafe Roubaix"). The link is below:
Then to join as a Team Cafe Roubaix member, drop by the studio and purchase from one of our membership options:
Regular Membership = $75
2nd Club Membership = $40
What do members get in return?
- a community of like minded cyclists
- regular group and training rides (Sunday mornings & Thursday evenings - watch the Facebook page for details)
- skill development
- 10 to 15% off all regular priced items at Cafe Roubaix Bicycle Studio
- 15 to 20% off all services at Cafe Roubaix Bicycle Studio
- special/preferred pricing from select equipment providers and event organizers
- use of club equipment
- when possible, Race/Event support, either from a club mechanic or fellow riders
- access to ABA and CCA/UCI events, as applicable
Team Cafe Roubaix riders wear our shop kit, either black or white, provided by Santini SMS, apparel outfitter to the Giro d'Italia, and Pro Tour cycling teams Katusha, Orica-GreenEdge, Vacansoleil-DCM, and the Australian National team.